Lettuce Eat Well Farmers’ Market Celebrates National Farmers’ Market Week (August 5-11th)
Across the country, farmers’ markets will be celebrating National Farmers’ Market Week through special events, contests, cooking demonstrations, tastings, and much more.
The Lettuce Eat Well Farmers’ Market (LEWFM) on Cincinnati’s West Side will be joining the National celebration during its regular Market on Friday August 10th, 3pm to 7 pm at Harvest Home Park 3961 North Bend Road in Cheviot, 45211.
During the August 10th Market, LEWFM will have many special guests and exciting events.
• Green Umbrella’s Local Food Action Team will be sharing information about their 10% Local Food Shift Campaign and how everyone can get involved in the effort.
• C’est Cheese will be serving up their yummy grilled cheese sandwiches.
• Several Market vendors will be offering cooking demonstrations using delicious Market food.
• Passport Coffee will be sharing “The Coffee Journey”.
• Ora Pottery will be creating beautiful Origami.
• Kids get a copy of “The Munch Crunch Bunch” book by Jan Wolterman at Kids & Krafts booth.
• Nicole Capobianco will be demonstrating the benefits of Thai Yoga Therapy.
• Jackie Millay will be demonstrating the benefits of ChiKung/TaiChi.
• Cincinnati Pet Food Pantry will be sharing info on their wonderful program.
• H.C. Solid Waste District will present “Composting: It’s an easy and effective way to keep organics in the environment and out of the landfill.”
• Mayor Keller of Cheviot will be presenting certificates of recognition to our Market Vendors.
• Several musicians will be performing throughout the event.
• There will be a drawing for prizes donated by local businesses.
First Name: Mel
Last Name: Farnsley
Market: Lettuce Eat Well Farmers' Market
What will your market be doing for National Farmers Market Week? Tell us HERE.